SEK activity was high during the year and assisted Swedish export companies with funding amounting to Skr 56.2 billion, the second highest volume ever.
In 2012 the demand for funding has been high from Swedish exporter’s customers. Total new lending for End customer financing amounted to Skr 38.7 million. Many buyers of Swedish exports are looking for financing, resulting in a high volume of end-customer finance. The high volumes have also been affected by some banks decreased willingness to provide long-term credit. In 2012, there have been many large and technically difficult transactions conducted in cooperation with banks. The volume of financing directly to export companies amounted to Skr 17.6 billion.
SEK played an important role by assisting Swedish companies through export finance. The cooperation with banks has been a key factor to reach the high volumes. SEK celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2012. SEK has during all these 50 years been able to assist Swedish export industry with financing, both in good times and in bad contributed to the strong development for the Swedish export industry. Our aim for 2013 is to be able to help our customers even more,” said SEK President Peter Yngwe.
• New lending to and for Swedish exporters was Skr 56.2 billion (51.2).
• Operating profit amounted to Skr 824.4 million (1,889.1) and the return on equity after tax was 5.0 percent (10.5)
• Operating profit, excluding unrealized changes in fair value, amounted to Skr 1,652.6 million (1,847.6).
• The volume of offers for credits at year-end was Skr 59.5 billion (64.3) • The common equity Tier-1 capital adequacy ratio was 19.8 percent at the end of the period (18.9)
• The Board of Directors has decided to propose to the annual general meeting that a regular dividend of Skr 212.6 million be paid, which corresponds to 30 percent of net profit after tax.
Contact: Edvard Unsgaard, Head of Communications, +46-72-176 85 16
Swedish Export Credit Corporation (publ) Klarabergsviadukten 61 - 63 P.O. Box 194 SE-101 23 Stockholm, Phone:+46 8 613 83 00 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Org. No. 556084-0315